We want YOU for our new GAP Peer Ambassadors program!! We are looking for KU undergraduate students, who are working toward their certificate or have completed GAP, to share their stories with the KU community. Ambassadors will promote global citizenship, cultural awareness, and international experiences ― on-campus and abroad.
The Peer Ambassador Program will select highly motivated and dedicated students with an interest in cross-cultural understanding and global citizenship.
What would you do?
- Meet with prospective GAP students
- Conduct short in-class presentations
- Promote GAP at on-campus events, such as the International Jayhawk Festival
- Help organize professional development workshops
- Guide programming & events
Why apply to the Ambassador program?
- Strengthen leadership and public speaking skills
- Build relationships across University
- Guide program development and outreach
- Promote cultural opportunities & global citizenship
- Network with those interested in global engagement
What are the requirements?
- Making progress on or completed GAP certificate
- Attend a GAP Ambassador retreat each semester to meet other ambassadors and receive training
- Represent GAP in three class visits or events per semester
- Advise GAP coordinator on future initiatives