Component B: Co-curricular Activities
You may choose to do to Path A or Path B to complete this component.
Complete a minimum semester-long activity that requires at least 20 hours of active participation.
- Participate in Global Partners, the International Leadership Team, Language and Culture Liaisons, International Peer Support, or another international student-focused group.
- Join and actively participate in students groups with an international focus, such as Jayhawks without Borders, KU Polyglot, Engineers without Borders, Global Business Initiative.
- Belong to and actively participate in an on-campus cultural organization outside of your ethnicity, language, nationality, or religion.
- Conduct an internship with a global component
After this experience, you will complete a written reflection (at least 600 words) and submit a letter that you have participated in at least 20 hours in the organization from a faculty advisor or leader in the organization.
- Participate in 20 hours of campus activities that have an international and/or cultural focus. You will need to participate in events from at least three different world regions (e.g. Latin America, Asia, Africa, and Europe).
- Include only those activities outside of your ethnicity, language, nationality, or religion.
- You may spread these activities out over the entire time you are enrolled in the GAP program.
- Document the hours in your ePortfolio within 2 weeks of attending the event. Write reflections on four events and turn them in within 2 weeks of attending the event.
- These event-focused reflections will help you with the overall reflection after you complete your 20 hours of activities.
Path C (Available to those who registered prior to March 1, 2017)
- Participate in 20 hours of campus activities that have an international and/or cultural focus. Include only those activities outside of your ethnicity, language, nationality, or religion.
- Document the hours in your ePortfolio and respond to short-answer reflection questions on your experiences overall in the registered ePortfolio.