- A minimum of 2 semesters of college-level study in the same modern foreign language (Latin and ancient Greek not accepted)
- AND 3 courses with a modern, international focus (from 19th century forward) from 3 different departments (2 departments accepted for students in STEM fields)
- Pass the English Proficiency Exam through the Applied English Center (AEC), or receive an English requirement waiver
- International Students who are native English-speakers need to pass two semesters of a foreign language.
- AND TWO courses with a modern international focus and ONE course with a U.S. focus.